Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cinnamon Applesause Ornaments

Every year I look forward to making ornaments out of cinnamon and applesauce with my class.  Once again our 4th grade buddies were able to join us for a morning of measuring, math, and really messy ratios!  The recipe called for one cup of applesauce for every one cup of cinnamon.  Once the two ingredients were mixed together, we added in two tablespoons of glue to keep the ornaments together...and to keep the daring little ones from eating them!  Students got their hands messy rolling out their dough and cutting out their ornaments with cookie cutters.  To make the hole in the ornament for hanging, students twisted a straw back and forth.  We let the ornaments dry for over 48 hours then tied a ribbon on them for hanging.  My classroom smelled amazing for weeks!!!! I pulled out 2 ornaments from last year and they still retained their wonderful smell.  I hope my students had as much fun as I did!  



 




No comments:

Post a Comment